Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our Friend Jing…..

2010_11070144
I don’t believe at all in coincidences, not for one second.  I believe that everything good comes from God and this picture is just one example of many good things that have come lately.  This is our friend Jing.  When we went to Chicago on the train,  my mom and the girls’ Aunt Heather went with us…well guess what that means…mom is the odd man out because everyone wants to sit with grandma & Aunt Heather.  So, I had managed to make it from Springfield to Bloomington without sharing my seat.   When the train came to a stop in Bloomington it felt as if herds of people got on.  Several of them passed up the seat next to me and headed for the back of the car, which was more than fine with me.  However, I was more than excited when a Chinese college student named Jing sat down next to me.  Yes, I thought to myself..a captive audience that I can ask all of my questions about China to and she has no where to go but to Chicago on the train next to me.  Jing and I spent the next three hours engaged in a wonderful conversation about China, religion, adoption and her major which was English.  One of the conversations was “What Chinese name should we give to our daughter as her middle name?”  and of course if was Jing meaning perfect, quiet or calm(depending on which symbol is used to write the name.)  Now you have to know that for several months I had been praying that God would make our child obvious to Mike and I because you know me…I would take them ALL in.  That is why when we received our daughter’s referral and her name was Jing, I knew that is was God making His plan perfect.  Every time I think about the Jing’s in my life, I can’t help but smile.  Our God is so big and I am so glad.

1 comment:

  1. I have chills ALL over!!! Did you know our little one just home from China is named JingJing? She is 3 and has wanted us to continue calling her Jing. Actually she says she is Jingle Bell. :) I have struggled not calling her her American name but I found this post and saw the Jing you met and felt God say~ It is ok to call your baby Jing. She can be ShayleeJoy when she is ready. Thank you SO much for posting this precious story. I too do not believe in coincidences! God works ALL things to the good that love Him! I believe that with ALL my heart! I feel a sweet connection to you~ hope you don't think that is weird!!! I usually do when there is a red thread connection but we have daughters with the same name. And truly my Jing is perfect, quiet, and calm... all 3!!! I am going to follow your blog and can't WAIT to watch you go get your Jing!!! God bless you every minute until then and even more when you have that precious baby in your arms!!! She is worth every moment until then. God bless you new friend!!! THANK YOU for commenting on my blog!
    Blessings and Joy in 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete