Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally.... The time is here

We are so very excited to finally get to be with our baby girl.  Our Gotcha Day is March 21st and the time can't go fast enough for Michelle or I right now.  Over the course of this journey, I have been very  much at ease and I had become almost lethargic to the entire adoption process.  But now that the date is set and the tickets are in hand, Dad has become the nervous one in the house.  As my wife packs the bags and prepares to bring our dear Addi J home,  I spend my time wondering what is going on in my daughters head.  Last week Addison was to of been taken out of her foster care home and taken back to the orphanage to await our arrival.  I can not imagine what that felt like to her... Being pulled from the only family she has ever known and taken back to the very place that she started her journey from. I pray that she can be brave and that my God has placed a calm over her that lets her know that the time has come for her to join her forever family.

Sleep well baby girl.... Daddy is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment