Thursday, March 17, 2011

WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

My blog is blocked in China, so I am unable to see anything I am posting.  I am
sending this all via email and hoping that is makes it to the blog!!  The sun is
finally starting to peek thru the smog covered sky.  I am so anxious to take in
all of the scenery this morning because we have been in the dark for over 24
hours.  Our guide told us some interesting things last night as she picked us up
from the airport such as 17 million people live in the city of Beijing, approx.
1,600 cars are sold a day in Beijing, she has only one son due to the one child
policy in China and most school aged children are still finishing up homework at
11pm.  Those were just a few things that boggled my mind. 


Mike, Steve, Lisa and myself will soon head downstairs for our first "meal in
China" and then it is off to The Great Wall.  Steve and Lisa have been such a
blessing to have with us already because we are definately the "foreigners" in a
city of 17 million.

I am going to do my best to focus on taking in as much culture and sites as I
can before leaving for Kunming on Sunday.  Please continue to pray for us and
Addison, I know that God is moving mountains right now that I can't see:)

Love to you ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment