Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coming Home

I can't believe that I am already typing my last entry from China.  Tomorrow
night at 7:00 pm (our time) after picking up Addison's Visa we will leave
Guangzhou and head for Beijing where we will catch an early 6:55 am flight
straight to Chicago.  Please pray for us as we are not looking forward to that
long flight home with a baby:)  Mike and I cannot wait to see our precious girls
Maggie and Gracie.  The look on their faces as they see their sister for the
first time will be priceless.  It will be so good for Addie to be around the
girls.  This afternoon I turned on a TV show that had Chinese children on it and
she was jabbering Chinese and waving her arms a mile a minute.  I have a feeling
that she will adore her sisters as much as they already adore her. 


As I type this email Steve and Lisa should be safely arriving in Chicago within
a few hours.  We have been praying them home safely.  We can't begin to tell
everyone how awesome it was having them here with us in China. 


While in Guangzhou we have spent most of our time walking around visiting with
the locals and shop owners.  We have also met some incredible American families
who are here adopting as well.  Last night we were able to visit with some of
them at dinner and hear some of their God stories.  Today we went to the
consulate to apply for Addie's Visa, while there we took our oath and got to
watch many families celebrate as they took the last step of becoming a forever
family.  Most of the families we meet have other children at home and have even
adopted from other countries besides China.  I love hearing all of their stories
and how they got to where they are.  I have to say that there are alot of
Americans here being radical for God.  

Yesterday we did visit the local 3 story McDonalds, Mike and I did agree that
the cheeseburgers were better than home!  I never thought that I would say that
in China!   Tonight we are going to introduce Addie to KFC for some mash
potatoes and gravy....welcome to America! 

I had better go and resume my packing but before I do.....I want to thank you
all for your thoughts and prayers.  She is the right one for our family and is
already loved more than she can imagine.  It is incredible to think that in the
grand scheme of life....Addie's only needs are to be loved, cared for and to
know Jesus.  

Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I want to EMBRACE each moment as we become a family of five.......this is our
"new kind of normal" and we wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your safe flight home. I'll never forget the first time I saw my niece coming home to us from Haiti. So excited for your family of 5!!

    ReplyDelete