Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good-bye Kunming....Hello Guangzhou

Friday started out like all of our other mornings in Kunming....back to the
orphanage for medicine or as the Chinese call it "drops".  As we were waiting in
the "time-out" room for Addie my emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.  I hadn't
really had time to sit and process all that God had done and was still doing to
help bring Addie home.  As I sat in that room I looked around at the four walls
that had held my baby girl for the first year of her life and the tears just
came streaming down my face.  I think I scared Mike a little bit but I had
warned him that this may happen:)  I had 5 months for this to all build up and
now I was seeing it all unfold before my very eyes.  As we drove thru the gates
of the orphanage one last time, I whispered to Addie "You are going home baby
girl".  We are forever grateful to the people at Kunming City Children's Welfare
Institute for taking care of our Addie J.  Thank you God for opening their
hearts to our daughter....we can SEE every day that she has been well cared
for. 


Friday afternoon we headed for the airport and said good-bye to a dear friend
and guide named Jack.  Jack made sure we all got checked in and our luggage was
where it needed to go.  After all of this was done we headed to security where
we had to say our good-byes to Jack.  We told Jack that we loved him and would
be praying for he and his church.  When we got to the other side of the security
check point we looked back thru the doorway and there was Jack with tears in his
eyes.  Thank you Jack for letting God's light shine thru you in a sea of
darkness.  Please pray for Jack......hopefully we will see him at LABC in the
future!!! 

We landed in Guangzhou late last night, so I apologize from being absent from
the blog for the past couple of days.  We want to take in as much of the culture
as possible,so we do not stop during the day.  I have a pouch that we put Addie
in during the day and she sleeps when she needs to and takes in the sites the
rest of the time.  We had her medical exam today with all of the other children
who are currently being adopted.  She passed everything with flying colors and
has been given the green light.  Our last paperwork will be Tuesday when we have
our appt. at the consulate.  I am telling you that she is an AMAZING
baby.  She looks at us with such love....I can't describe it and I don't think I
have ever seen anything like it! 


Mike and I have been so blessed to have Steve and Lisa with us.  They have
showered Addie with love and have helped show her what it is like to have a
family.  Plus it's kind of fun to tell everyone you brought your
own Pediatrician and nurse!!!  All joking aside..having them here has made
a HUGE difference and we are extremely grateful. 


I can't stop here.  I have to tell everyone out there what amazing mothers Mike
and I have.  Thank you Grandma Burger and Grandma Glenda for showering Maggie
and Gracie with love while mom and dad are away!  I know that there are others
out there too keeping an eye on our precious girls.  Thank you from the bottom
of our hearts!

Okay, I have to get some rest but I will leave you with some pictures and Psalm
139:13  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's
womb.


Picture 1:  Our last meal at Mama Fu's in Kunming

Picture2:  Saying good-bye to Jack

Picture 3:  Addie showing off for the camera

Picture 4:  Dr. Steve listening to Addie

Picture 5:  Addie sporting her new look

Picture 6:  Addie getting checked out at the medical clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment